Solving error: Some of Surfblocker components are not running properly.
Error mesage Some of Surfblocker components are not running properly is displayed because Surfblocker system service program is not working properly. Either it has been maliciously removed or damaged or it could also be a fault in Windows system.
To solve the problem, you may try the following:
Step 1. Re-install Surfblocker
- Uninstall Surfblocker
- Restart computer
- Make sure there are no files left under c:\Program Files\Surfblocker\
- Re-install Surfblocker (latest version)
- Check if the problem is solved
Step 2. Work-around a fault in Windows
The problem could be caused by a known fault in Windows system. Follow these steps to work around this problem.
- Check whether under the root of your system drive C:\ there are any files named program (any type or extension). If such file is found, delete it.
- Check whether under C:\Program Files\ there are any files named inet (regardless type and extension). If such file is found, delete it.
Some problem-causing file examples:
- C:\Program Files\inet
- C:\Program Files\inet.dat